Vine-ripened red tomatoes stacked in pyramids. The magical combo of local honey and goat cheese smeared on a cracker. The scent of freshly milled soaps with names like “Lavender Dream” and “Vanilla Oat.” There’s just something so charming about the farmers market. If your Saturday morning tradition involves gathering fresh produce and sampling homemade pepper jelly and artisanal breads, you’ll want to mark your calendar for October 5-7, 2018 for Alpharetta, Georgia’s Atlanta International Night Market! This celebration of diversity showcases the beauty of global cuisine, entertainment, and art—all in one convenient location, Alpharetta’s North Point Mall.
But just what exactly is a Night Market?
Popular in Asian cities like Hong Kong, Taipei, and Bangkok, night markets are essentially evening open-air bazaars that allow guests to taste, see, and experience all the local culture has to offer. For Alpharetta’s version of the Atlanta International Night Market, this concept will be expanded to a broad scale with over 75 countries and cultures represented through cuisine, live performances, art, and collectibles on that Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 12am and on Sunday from 12pm to 9pm. The International Night Market will revel in and reveal the vibrancy and diversity of the Greater Atlanta area—a region home to 5.6 million people, representing over 75 countries. The three-evening celebration will highlight the community, culture, and creativity of the area with a variety of local street foods, arts and crafts, and an array of traditions unique to various nations.
Taste the world, experience the wonder of international influence, and celebrate the magic of diversity. The Atlanta International Night Market will include the following:
1) Food Village — This is the delicious convergence of global cuisine. From Japan to Thailand, Germany to Colombia, and all the way down to the Peach State, this portion of the festival is an incredible cornucopia of spicy, sweet, savory, and the truly unforgettable.
2) Vegan Village — For those guests who embody a plant-based diet, this section of the International Night Market is for you! From local vegan cookie dough to international dishes that are totally sans meat, there’s no need to worry about what you can and can’t eat here. In fact, the hardest part will likely be pacing yourself to try it all!
3) Retail Market — Reminiscent of the night markets of Asia and Europe, over 50 vendors will be on site to offer up unique clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, toys, curios, home décor, and a wealth of other items you never knew you always needed.
4) Artisan Market — Local makers and international artisans will transform the North Point Mall property into a one-of-a-kind gallery featuring handmade arts and crafts, gorgeous apparel, and more. It’s a feast for the eyes to accompany the literal feast of international cuisine!
5) Kids Zone — Bring the kiddos to the action-packed side of the festival. Here, they’ll have their pick of fun carnival games, toys, inflatables, face painting, art activities, a mini library, story times, and plenty of surprises.
6) International Village — This village is the intersection of global education and just the place to feel like a citizen of the world without leaving Georgia! The International Village will feature five to six different countries each night of the festival for hands-on, educational experiences certain to provide a fascinating insight to various languages, traditions, cultural games, and travel. Don’t miss the photobooth opportunities to commemorate your International Night Market “globe-trotting.”
Bonus universal appeal: The Atlanta International Night Market is proud to be an eco-friendly festival. To keep things green, the event will offer Caribbean Blue as the featured festival beverage. Caribbean Blue not only uses completely biodegradable, BPA-free materials for their bottling, they also only source water from a protected spring aquifer. Refresh and replenish your body as you explore the various villages and markets—all while contributing to the longevity of our gorgeously diverse world!
Unifying, educational, and unforgettable, the 2018 Atlanta International Night Market is certain to send you on an exciting sensory journey across the globe—no plane ticket required! You do, however, need festival tickets to enter, so be sure to purchase discounted tickets online here or purchase at the door from $10 to $18.
To accommodate your international adventures in Alpharetta, be sure to book your stay with one of the eight participating area hotels and ask for the Atlanta Night Market Rate. If you’re in search of other exciting activities and regional cuisine sure to fuel you up for all that awaits during the evening festival, plan your Awesome Alpharetta escape here today!